Buying Real Estate Turks & Caicos Islands
Unparalleled Residential and Investment Properties
Magnificence in Beauty, Luxury and Scope. Dream Climate, Excellent and Exclusive Opportunities
The Turks and Caicos Islands were indeed discovered by Christopher Columbus and although the exact words that heralded the news are not recorded it’s easy to imagine what might have been said. Today Turks and Caicos are home to those who seek an exquisite climate in magnificent surroundings, buildings of architectural style, beauty and accessibility. A preferential tax status and banking system are, of course, pluses. The Turks and Caicos Islands offer perfection in a residential/vacation setting close to everything yet idyllic and serene, just far enough removed. Not just luxury, smart!
With a new, state of the art hospital, newly finished runway expansion, and tourism skyrocketing in 2011, the islands are set for a prosperous future in 2012 and beyond. We have already seen a 28% increase in sales volume and 3% increase in sale price over 2010.
“A key Caribbean offshore financial center, the Turks and Caicos Islands are increasingly becoming a desirable second-home destination for many affluent Europeans, Americans, Canadians, and British nationals,” says Jarvis Slade, Managing Director—Americas of Christie’s International Real Estate. “We welcome the opportunity to serve this important residential market through our Affiliate, Regency International Estates.”
Some very special Turks and Caicos incentives:
● No annual taxes on property held
● No income taxes on revenue generated
● No capital gains taxes on disposal of property
● Use of the US dollars minimizes currency fluctuations
● One of the lowest crime rates in the Caribbean
● British Dependent Territory status ensures an accountable legal and political system
● Register absolute title is guaranteed by Crown; Title insurance is unnecessary
● Title can be held personally, or confidentially, in a local Corporation or Trust easily set up by any local attorney
● Strata Title registration ordinances provides for freehold title in a condominium
● A Land Register system provides details of ownership, title, mortgage, charges, etc.
● All necessary safeguards are in place and internationally recognized
● Planning and Development Authority oversees building codes and development plans to help ensure sustainable development
Tips For Buyers
Islands in Detail